Friday 6 September 2013

Welcome Back!

It seems like just yesterday I was saying good-bye to students and staff members!  Where did the summer go?  It's so much fun seeing the children again and hearing about all of their summer adventures. 

On Wednesday we welcomed new grade 1's to our class.  The grade 2's and 3's have been incredible leaders which is much appreciated during such a busy time.

One activity we did this week began with the children deciding which one of the following statements about me was false:

1.  I have 5 sisters and one brother.
2.  I can do a double back flip.
3.  My favourite colour is red.
4.  I have been teaching at Dickens Annex for 16 years.
5.  I have 2 kids.
6.  My husband is deaf.
7.  My favourite season is summer.
8.  I like holding worms.
9.  I can water ski.
10.  My mom is 80 years old.

Any guesses?  You can ask your child which one is false.  The children completed the same activity and we learned a lot about each other.

I look forward to another fabulous year.  Here we GOOOOOOO!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment