Sunday 11 September 2016

My Summer


Below is a tradition of mine. 
A postcard I send to my students every summer.



Dear Division 1,

It’s hard to believe how close it is to the end of summer!  I look back to the beginning and it feels like a long time ago, yet it feels like it went by so quickly.  I was away a lot this summer.  I have gone to my sister’s cabin in Naramata on Okanagan Lake 3 times (home of the mythical sea creature, Ogopogo), to Kamloops (3 sisters, 1 brother and my mom live there), and to the USA for a few days.  In the photo on the top left I was wake-surfing which is like surfing, but you are behind a special boat that makes a big wave to surf on.  The middle top one is a picture of me looking out at the lake as I laid on an air mattress in the sun.  The far right was a lightning storm on the lake.  It was incredible!!  The photo of the eyes was taken at the Adele concert.  I’m sure you or your parents know her.  She is such a talented singer and she is super funny too.  All the photos across the bottom were taken at Dominic Lake which is a fishing lake about 3 hours from Vancouver.  About 20 members of my family went up fishing during a special weekend we had together.  My son, Drew, caught the lake trout and he is holding the wee frog.  Soooooo many tadpoles too.  Enjoy the rest of your summer and see you soon!!  

Love,

Jacquie

No comments:

Post a Comment